Registeredgentva.org - Your Trusted Registered Agent
Benefits of the Registered Agent service
What is a Registered Agent and why do I need one?
Does My Business Need a Registered Agent?
Yes. Every LLC or corporation is required to have an official Registered Agent (sometimes called a statutory agent, resident agent or agent for service of process) in each state where it does business. A Registered Agent in VIrginia serves as a permanent physical presence in the state, and the Registered Agent address is where the state government can contact you with legal and tax correspondence, including franchise tax forms, notices of litigation and required annual report forms.
Our Commitment to You
Improve Business Safety
Help You Organize
How can a Registered Agent help you?
- Monitors all legal notices sent to your company discretely.
- Scans the documents required by you, then uploads them to your dashboard for access.
- Notifies you through your preferred mode of communication, if there are any significant legal issues that need your attention.
We can also help:
- Self-filing clients who have purchased the registered agent as a stand-alone service
- With the substitution of a registered agent
- With service of process (SOP)
- Regards to correspondence over mail
How Does Our Registered Agent Service Work For You?
A registered agent is also known as a resident agent or statutory agent in some states. An appointed registered agent serves as a mediator between your company and the other party. Their major duty is to collect legal paperwork and deliver it to the business owner (you) or another suitable party.
A registered agent is an individual or an online account/service that handles the legal documentation of a company on its behalf through its registered office. This includes small businesses as well as large-scale firms.
The legal paperwork includes franchise tax notices, annual report filing deadline notices, and service of process papers for legal proceedings. Having a registered agent is advantageous because it prevents lawsuit documents from being sent to the company or the owners’ residences. The registered agent of a corporation is in charge of promptly delivering these documents to the company.
Timely Services of a Registered Agent
Although the duties of a registered agent seem straightforward, keep in mind that some legal notices have expiration or due dates. You, your company, and your business partners may have to deal with additional legal concerns if a registered agent fails to forward this paperwork to the right party promptly.
Do LLCs or Corporations Need a Registered Agent?
Yes! When forming a firm, LLCs, corporations, and other formal business entities are required by state agencies to appoint and maintain a registered agent. However, there is no requirement for general partnerships or sole proprietorships to have one.
When Should You Hire a Registered Agent?
When you file your legal papers with your state or the relevant organization that handles business registrations, you’ll need to name a registered agent for your company. There will be a space on the application where you can list the name and contact details of your agent.
Points to Consider
When you get a registered agent, keep the following registered agent requirements in mind:
- Your application will probably be turned down if you attempt to file your documents without specifying a registered agent.
- You need to let the state or the proper agency know if your registered agent changes. For the state’s records, you’ll probably need to submit a form with this updated information.
- If a registered agent changes their name or physical address, they are required to notify the state and pay the filing expenses without charging the client.
- Each state your firm operates in requires you to have a registered agent.
Can You Act as Your Own Registered Agent?
Registeredagentva.org Can Help!
We aim to assist you if you’re trying to expedite the process of forming a business. One of the numerous services we provide to assist you in starting your business is a registered agent.
We also offer extra services to support the operation and expansion of your firm. Get started right away if you’d like more details about our registered agent service or are prepared to take the next step.
Need a Registered Agent?
Avail the fastest formation service and hire a registered agent today!