Know More About Getting an Apostille - Get Quick Help!
How To Order an Apostille Certificate From the Virginia Secretary of the Commonwealth
You can order an Apostille Certificate…
Cover letter and order form must include the name of the country, payment, pre-addressed stamped envelope for the documents to be returned to you after processing, and a daytime phone number for possible questions. You must enclose an original or certified copy of the document, or a request for a certified copy of the document.
Requested documents may take up to 7 days for processing. You must provide a certified copy or original document. You will want to have your payment handy.
How will the Apostille Certificate come back ?
It will be returned by the type of pre-addressed prepaid envelope or UPS/Fed Ex airbill enclosed. Return service by fax or email is not available.
What is an Apostille?
For documents that will be used abroad, the Office of the Secretary of State offers apostille and authentication services to American residents and foreign nationals. Corporate documents like bylaws and articles of incorporation, power of attorney, diplomas, transcripts, letters relating to degrees, marital status, references, and job certifications, as well as home studies, deeds of assignment, distributorship agreements, papers for adoption, etc., are examples of the different types of documents.
What You Need to Do to Get an Apostille
- Authenticated original notarized document or an original certification-compliant certified copy of a notarized document.
- The cost is $15 per document (a document can be more than one page). Make cheques or money orders payable in U.S. dollars (USD).
- Apostille or Certificate of Authentication Request Form from the Secretary of State, which includes:
- The nation whose documents are being sought. (Countries require various certifications, and without this information, the document cannot be validated.)
- A daytime number to call for inquiries.
- Information on where the processed documents should be mailed
- Please use the name of the individual requesting the documents if they are for a minor.
Getting an Apostille Fast
Regular (non-expedited) requests are handled in the order in which they are received. Usually, 5 to 7 business days after the order is placed. Unless a pre-paid mailing label is enclosed with the request, all completed mail orders are returned through standard U.S. postal mail.
How RegisteredAgentva Can Help You Get an Apostille
The following official documents or certificates may need to have an apostille certificate attached, and we will help you do that:
- Marriage certificates
- Birth certificates
- Criminal background checks
- Commercial documents
- Business agreements
- FDA, IRS, Certificate to Foreign Government, or other Federal Government issued documents